Rainbow Vegetable Sushi Rolls
A colorful, nutrient dense delicious meal for kids and adults alike
Write a review
- 1 package of Nori Sheets
- 2 large carrots, cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups spinach or baby kale
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 avocado, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup hummus, black bean, or pesto spread
- You can use a bamboo sushi mat to make these easy sushi rolls if you have one, otherwise just use a cutting board as your work surface.
- Take a nori sheet and spread your choice of spread over it - hummus seems to have the right consistency to act as the "glue" holding the veggies and the roll in tact.
- Be sure to spread generously on the sheet, without making the sheet soggy and taking care to leave room on the edges so it doesn't spill out.
- Place assorted veggies in the center in the desired "colorful" pattern; such as carrots, cucumber, red pepper, avocado, spinach, and cabbage.
- Roll up as tightly as possible and using a serrated knife, cut into 1 inch slices.
- Repeat the process for remaining sheets.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Art of Healthy Eating https://www.artofhealthyeating.com/